I was going to write a post about what I learned by not blogging over the semester break. But you’re getting “what I did last night instead of sleep”:
1. Took the late bus back from the city, on which I read some Junot Diaz.
2. Watched “The National Parks: America’s Best Idea” on PBS. I blame Ken Burns, Shawn Rosler, and Joe Calhoun for this. But it was awesome.
3. Read up on John Muir. Badass.
4. Watched a documentary on Melville Herskovits. Profoundly interesting. DVRed-it-but-watched-it-live-anyway kind of interesting. Godfather II territory.
5. Watched “Before The National Parks” documentary about First Nations today in Yellowstone and Glacier Parks.
6. Edited the CSS code for the blog.
7. Ate tomato soup.
4 thoughts on “In Case You Were Wondering”
I highly approve of your evening agenda. I’ve seen the former documentary and greatly enjoyed it. I think you should meet up with me when I visit Yellowstone, the Tetons, Mount Rushmore, and Badlands NP this summer… It is likely to be the only time I’ll be in the US during 2010, as I am going to use some vacation days to travel to Honduras.
Let’s try to plan it. Email me your dates. Have you been to Hetch Hetchy?
Do you think you’ll be able to go to Honduras by summer given the political situation?
I should be arriving in Rapids City South Dakota on August 9th… and will be road tripping until August 24th, flying out of West Yellowstone to head back to Centro America. As to Honduras, Peace Corps officially lifted our travel ban for Honduras today… so I think I’ll actually be heading there in April… we’ll see, my friend used to live down there so we’re going to hop a bus down there…