“I just wish there were a viable third party”
“I just wish a vote for a third party wasn’t a wasted vote.”
“I just wish a vote for Gary Johnson wasn’t a vote for Barack Obama.”
“I just wish a vote for Jill Stein wasn’t a vote for Mitt Romney.”
Tonight, Larry King is moderating the “third party” debate in Chicago. Watch it. Read about it. Engage it. Then, two weeks from today, vote third party. Not because your third party candidate will win the presidency, but because winning is a matter of scale. Did you know that a 5% showing for a minor party in a federal election grants that party $20 million in federal election funds for the next cycle?
Frankly, it’s scandalous and patently criminal that anyone on the ballot in as many states as these candidates are aren’t permitted to debate Romney and Obama. If ever Jill Stein were right about anything, it’s that America’s two major parties are both wholly corporate and morally bankrupt in the national setting.
Now stop complaining and go vote for someone who doesn’t think drones are a great idea.
- Opinion: Free Jill Stein, Third Parties (wnyc.org)
- Democracy Debunked: US Green Party Presidential Candidate Jill Stein Arrested. (nsnbc.wordpress.com)
- Jill Stein Is Mad As Hell (seattleweekly.com)
- Green Party candidate Jill Stein: “90 million people have no one to vote for” (salon.com)
- Is Green Party candidate Jill Stein crazy, or are we? (bangordailynews.com)
- Previewing the third-party presidential candidates debate (washingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Agreed With Barack Obama So Much Last Night It Was Shocking (businessinsider.com)